An entry in the Housing Minutes from 1924 (kept in Archives+ at Manchester Central Library) details what the all-electric houses would contain:
'In addition to the lighting equipment, the following heating and cooking appliances be installed:
A standard type cooker
Two 2KW radiators
A plug for an electric iron or vacuum cleaner'
In 1926 one of these fitted houses was opened to the public for inspection. The Manchester Guardian posted a notice about it:
'The inspection of one of the electrically fitted houses on the Burnage Housing Estate of the Corporation is proving popular. No 198, Errwood Road is the house available for inspection, and it is to remain open until Saturday, July 10. already more than 1000 visitors have called and have seen how lighting, heating, cooking and washing may be done by electricity, ensuring not only cleanliness and comfort, but labour-saving and economy.'